Meet the Team
Megan Jackson from Nurture Neuropsychology is a registered Clinical Neuropsychologist. She has had extensive experience working with children and adolescents with a range of complex neurological and medical conditions at the Queensland Children’s Hospital, including but not limited to children with traumatic and non-traumatic acquired brain injuries, epilepsy, metabolic conditions, genetic conditions, and other developmental conditions.
Megan has worked extensively with schools, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and other key agencies to advocate for the best possible support for children and families. She has also been involved in conducting research into the outcomes following paediatric acquired brain injuries.
Megan offers neuropsychological assessments for children and adolescents between 6 – 18 years of age. Neuropsychological assessments involve assessing children’s thinking skills, as well as their behaviour, social skills and emotional wellbeing. Megan provides targeted neuropsychological assessments to offer useful information about children’s individual strengths and weaknesses, which is then used to determine what adjustments and/ or other changes may be needed to support them.
Megan sees children for assessment for a range of reasons, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assessment of intelligence, including assessment of Intellectual Disability
- Assessment of developmental disorders, including Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Assessment of cognition in the context of a Traumatic Brain Injury
- Assessment of cognition in the context of a non-traumatic Acquired Brain Injury (e.g., stroke, brain tumour, etc.)
- Assessment of cognition in the context of a neurological or medical condition
- Assessment of cognition for children with epilepsy
- Assessment of learning disorders
In addition to neuropsychological assessment, Megan also offers neuropsychological (cognitive) rehabilitation following an Acquired Brain Injury. She works with the approach of building everyday functional skills and therefore offers this service in the community to ensure that recommendations are tailored to the individual child’s unique environment.
Megan also offers clinical supervision to other psychologists.
Request an appointment
Dr Vikki Knott
Director & Clinical Psychologist
Dr Rose Everitt
Client Services Officer